A: Check you understand the differences between these words/ phrases. If not, check in your dictionary.
A career/ a course / a year/ a degree
To assist/ to attend
To support s/t / not to be able to stand s/t
To chase/ persecute
To stop doing/ to stop to do
To wake up/ to get up
Classic music/ classical music
To pick up/ to catch
to take/ to hold
A brick/ a stone
To sting/ to bite
To push/ to press
To pour/ to spill
To take a chair/ to take a seat
To ask someone to/ to ask someone if
To shut / to lock
To drown/ to suffocate
Slippers / trainers
A gate/ a door
To rob/ to steal
A clock/ a watch
A pushchair/ a wheelchair
To have been to/ to have gone to
To win/ to beat
B: As you watch the film, if you think you see that one of the sentences on the next page is true shout out the number. You will get one point each time you are correct but lose one point each time you are wrong.
1. He puts the clock into the glass of water.
2. He is woken up by some steam.
3. Mr Bean’s method of waking up properly isn’t very sensible.
4. Mr Bean suddenly remembers going to the dentist.
5. Mr Bean is wearing slippers when he leaves the house.
6. He catches a brick outside his house.
7. Mr Bean gets onto his car.
8. Mr Bean drives using his foot.
9. There is a sign on the dentist’s door.
10. Mr Bean has been to the dentist.
11. Mr Bean pours water onto the boy.
12. The dentist asks Mr Bean to sit down.
13. He plays some classical music.
14. Mr Bean hurts something.
15. The dentist seems very impressed.
16. He locks his car door.
17. He pushes his car into the parking space.
18. The boy is taking a remote control.
19. Mr Bean moves the wheelchair.
20. A man tries to rob something.
21. Mr Bean’s steering wheel is missing.
22. Something tries to sting Mr Bean.
23. Mr Bean tries to suffocate the animal.
24. Something (s) chase Mr Bean.
25. Mr Bean wins the animal.
PDF for easy saving and printing: TroubleWithBeanErrors