New Cutting Edge Intermediate Module 2
Put remember, learn, remind, forget, recognise, lose into the gaps in the correct tense:
1. Would you stay with a husband or wife who ___________ their memory, or would you put them in an old persons’ home?
2. How did you _____________ how to use the English phonemic chart?
3. How can you ________________ your best friend/ boyfriend/ girlfriend in a crowd?
4. Have you ever _________ a poem by heart? Why did you choose that one?
5. Have you ever _______ an English song by heart? How did you learn the lyrics?
6. Are there any other languages that you’d like to _________________? Why?
7. Do you think this school should ______________ you about special holidays/ the end of term, or is it okay just to tell you once at the beginning of term?
8. Do you always ____________ your relatives’ birthdays, or does someone have to __________you?
9. Do you ____ when you first realised that Father Christmas/ fairies didn’t exist?
10. What do you do to __________________ new words in English?
11. Do you ever __________ the anniversary of when you met your boyfriend/ girlfriend/ of your marriage?
12. Has anyone ever told you that you _______________ them of someone famous/ someone else that they know/ someone else in your family? What are the similarities between you and that person?
13. Which classic group or singer (from the 70s or earlier) can you _____ most tunes by? Why?
14. What thing or things do you most often __________? Where do you usually find it/ them?
15. What smells/ tastes/ sights/ sounds _____ you of when you were a young child?
16. What do you __________________ about the pre-school/ playschool/ nursery/ kindergarten that you went to?
Choose questions to ask your partner (they should turn over so they listen properly)
PDF version for easy saving and printing: Remembering and forgetting discussion questions