Worksheet 1- Question brainstorming
Ask each other questions about your reading likes and habits, trying to use a selection of the types of questions below:
• How often…?
• What kind/ sort…?
• How long…?
• How many…?
• What’s/ who’s your favourite…?
• Have you ever…?
• Do you like…?
• What happens…?
• When did you first/ last…?
Literature and reading discussion questions
Worksheet 2- Suggested questions
• How often do you read novels/ do you read in English/ do you go to the library/ do you buy books?
• What kind/ sort of magazines/ books do you like?
• When do you usually read?
• Where do you usually read?
• How long do you read in a stretch/ have you been reading in English?
• How many books do you read in a year/ books have you read in English?
• What’s your favourite novel/ book/ Who’s your favourite author?
• Have you ever read poetry/ read Harry Potter in English/ read a novel and seen the film?
• Do you like horror/ thrillers?
• How do you choose which books to read?
• Whose recommendations/ advice about books do you listen to?
• What happens at the end/ in your favourite love story?
• When did you first/ last read Harry Potter?
PDF version for easy printing: Literature and reading discussion questions