Part One- ‘Happy New Year’
Try to match the things he does and the reason he does them, then watch and check.
1. He puts some balloons on the door…
2. He puts some music on…
3. The hats have letters on them…
4. He shakes hands..
5. He cuts up a tree and puts it on a plate…
6. He puts some sugar in some vinegar..
7. He steals his neighbour’s birdfeeder…
8. His guest changes the time on the clock to midnight…
9. He holds hands with his guests…
10. He turns off the light…
11. He takes out another clock…
a) ..to say ‘hello’.
b) ..to represent people’s names.
c) ..to eat the peanuts inside.
d) ..for people to eat.
e) ..to replace the wine.
f) ..to go to sleep.
g) ..to end the party early.
h) ..to sing a traditional song.
i) ..to check the time.
j) ..to celebrate New Year.
k) ..to dance to.
Part Two- ‘The Sales/ Painting the Living Room’
Try to match the things he does and the reason he does them and then write possible reasons for the ones that don’t match
1. He drives onto the pavement….
2. People are queuing outside the shop..
3. He buys some paint..
4. Mr Bean drives into the back of a lorry..
5. Mr Bean draws on the wall with a pencil..
6. He cuts his telephone line..
7. He puts his teddy bear into the paint..
8. He covers everything with newspaper..
9. He puts a big firework in the paint..
a) ..so he can stop.
b) ..to paint his room quicker.
c) ..to use it as a paintbrush.
Watch and check.
More purpose, cause and effect worksheets (including one more video)