Cambridge First Certificate (FCE) Use of English Part One multiple choice cloze for the language of speculating
Choose the one correct option for each of the gaps below.
It ___________________________________________ be a good idea, but I doubt it.
– must/ probably/ possible/ could
It ________________________ must be our train next, we’ve been waiting for hours!
– very/ really/ possibly/ greatly
It’s _____________________________________________________ going to happen.
– definitely/ sure/ hardly/ well
There’s a fifty percent _________________________________ of rain in the afternoon.
– gamble/ chance/ odds/ bet
The ________________________________ are that he will be struck by nerves again.
– possibility/ probability/ chance/ odds
There’s a _______________________________________________ possibility of rain.
– slight/ medium/ middle/ wide
There probability of an economic recovery in the next six months is _______________.
– low/ little/ much/ long
I _____________________________________ predict that China’s growth will plateau.
– surely/ confidently/ highly/ largely
I ________________________ expect him to throw my present away as soon as I leave.
– fully/ wholly/ largely/ greatly
He’s not a genius, but he’ll ____________________ certainly be better than my last boss.
– nearly/ really/ almost/ completely
It might ______________________________________________________ break down.
– well/ maybe/ certainly/ have
PDF for easy saving and printing: FCE Use of English Part One speculating practice
FCE Use of English Part One page