(Modals of obligation/ Transport vocab)
True or false?
1. If a car has seat belts, you must wear them.
2. If a bus has seat belts, you must wear them on the motorway.
3. Coaches are cheaper than trains.
4. Coaches are faster than trains.
5. An A road (e.g. the A31) is smaller than a motorway (e.g. the M25).
6. All streets have odd numbers up one side and even numbers up the other.
7. All streets are named after towns in Britain, like Oxford Street.
8. You can drive in the UK when you are 15.
9. The UK is the only country where people drive on the left.
10. You have to wear a helmet to ride a motorbike.
11. You must pass a test to ride a bicycle on an A road.
12. At a junction, the car turning left has priority.
13. If a car is turning into a street, someone walking across it can go first.
14. Cars with 3 wheels can be driven with a motorcycle license.
15. A big red L on the back means ‘Lorry’.
16. The maximum speed in a town is 20 or 30 mph.
17. The maximum speed on a motorway is 100 mph.
18. Hitchhiking is illegal in England, but not Scotland.
19. A black cab is cheaper than a radio taxi.
20. You can have 7 people in a black cab.
21. If you ask a policeman for directions, you should give him a small tip.
22. BMW, Jaguar, Rolls Royce, Lotus, Aston Martin and Rover are all British.
23. However, they are all owned by foreign companies.
24. You can drink 3 pints of beer and drive.
PDF for easy saving and printing: transport in the UK trivia questions