To be completed at home or in class
Which of these skills are most important for you/ in your job (please list from 1 to 7)?
Which do you need most practise on (top 3)?
For you, does improving your speaking mean…
– Grammatical accuracy
What level do you aim for your speaking to reach:
– Indistinguishable from a native speaker
– Able to communicate
– Able to communicate easily
– Lose my accent
– Impress people with my pronunciation
– Impress people with my fluency
What would your reaction be if someone said about you ‘He has a really strong accent’?
When you listen to people speak and have difficulty understanding, why exactly is it?
(Please put a number for each from 5- very often true to 1- never true)
– You simply don’t know the words they are using
– You know the words, but don’t recognise them when you hear them
– You recognise the words individually, but miss them when they are put together in linked speech
– When you are concentrating on the meaning of one word, you miss the rest of the sentence
– They are speaking too fast
– They have a particular accent you find difficult
How much of your time is spent speaking to native speakers? _______ %
Where are they from? _______________
What other nationalities do you usually speak English with?
PDF Version for easy printing: BusinessSpListNeeds