New Cutting Edge Upper Intermediate Module 2 page 21
Without looking below, brainstorm things that make people feel good or bad.
Compare with the list below.
Rank the following things that make people feel good:
• Financial security
• Success in your career/ exams
• Being physically fit
• Sleeping well
• Plenty of variety and excitement in your life
• Spending time with your family
• Being in a good relationship
• Having time to relax
• Keeping busy
• Good friendships
• Going out a lot
• Being creative
• Intellectual stimulation
• Spending money
• Feeling in control of your life
Rank the following things that make people feel bad:
• Financial worries
• Feeling under too much pressure
• Not sleeping
• Criticism from your colleagues, family etc
• Anxiety about your work/ college
• Lack of confidence in what you’re doing
• Eating badly
• Problems in your relationship
• Feeling unfit
Without looking above, fill the gaps on page 21.
Brainstorm at least two more nouns for each of the affixes that you’ve added into page 21.
PDF version for easy printing: Ranking things that make people feel good and bad Word formation