Objective First Unit 1
Write an answer to one of the questions 2-4 in this part. Write your answer in 140-190 words in an appropriate style on the separate answer sheet.
- You have received this email from your English speaking friend, Alex.
|Sorry I haven’t been in touch for such a long time. How have you been?
I’m writing because I need some help with an event we’re organising. We’re having an international fashion show and we want to include some clothes from your country. If possible, we’d like something really traditional, something very trendy now, and something in between, say from the 1960s or 1980s. Can you make some recommendations for clothes? Do you know where I can get them from? And are there any issues with putting any of them on, wearing them etc that I should know about?
Write your email.
- You have seen this advertisement in your local English language newspaper.
Are you interested in fashion? Would you like to help people make themselves look good? If so, this is the job for you.
We need full-time and part-time shop assistants for our shop in Oxford Street, London. If you are interested, write to Mr Case, telling him:
– what kind of clothes you like
– why you will be good at giving advice to customers on what they should buy
– whether you are interested in full-time or part-time work
Write your letter of application.
PDF version for easy saving and printing: Cambridge First Certificate email and letter tasks on the topic of clothes