Been updating my extensive but now slightly out of date FCE materials pages.
Changes to the exam from this month that I’ve least started to update my stuff to match:
– Use of English and Reading papers combined and so paper and some sections renamed
– No more stories in Writing Part Two
– No more letters or emails in Writing Part One
– Writing Part One now always an essay (see following post)
– Speaking Part Three now in two parts (discuss, then interrupted by examiner and then asked to decide), more like opinion questions than before, and based on written prompts rather than pictures
Changes I didn’t need to make because I never had anything on it:
– No more set texts and matching questions in the Writing
Changes to the exam I haven’t updated my stuff to match yet:
– Fewer questions in all sections of the Reading and Use of English paper
– Both Writing Part One and Writing Part Two now 140-190 words (presumably because there is no longer lots of text to read in Part One)
– No more emails/ letters with lots to read before you write
– Speaking Part One now 2 minutes instead of 3
Changes that I probably won’t be able to do anything about:
– There’s presumably a new version of FCE Result out, but I won’t be using it and so those pages probably won’t be updated.